Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ticket Winner - Calgary Marketing Association Ticket with Arlene Dickinson, May 6, 2010

Last week I ran a contest to win a ticket to an upcoming CMA (Canadian Marketing Association) event ticket, an evening with Arlene Dickinson (http://www.calgarycma.com/).

It was a really fun contest, and as expected it was really tough to pick a winner.

This applicant stuck out in my mind. The winner wrote "I need a few refreshers".

When we go events like these, or when we attend expensive conferences we don't always walk away with the sense that we learned 20 new things, often it is hard to articulate what we did learn.... In my experience it is all about the little nuggets, refreshers, or just a few different thoughts that makes it all worth it.

Most times it is about the experience rather than the content. I think the experience is what Lori would like, please read her submittal - congratulations Lori!

By Lori:
Why should I win it? Let me tell you........

I am Mom, I am Maid, I am Working Woman -- I am woman in need of a night out with real people, learning about the real possibilities of success. Who better than THE DRAGON LADY herself can pump me up and kick start my mentality back to the focus it needs.

I recently returned to the workforce after an extended leave. I was blessed with the birth of one girl - three years ago, got ready to return to work and SURPRISE - this is not early menopause - you are pregnant again. Regrets, no - life altering change - absolutely!!

I have been a successful business owner, a Senior Executive Manager, and recently hired as Centre Manager at Athene. Returning to a world of adults, dressing up in something other than my cleanest dirty shirt or hole-y housecoat - I need a few refreshers.

Would I benefit from the opportunity to tune up my skills and hone in on one of the greatest marketing minds out there... YES!! YES!! YESS!!
Pick me and not only would it be a huge honour, it would be an unforgettable opportunity.
Thank you.
Lori


Congratulations Lori, and thanks for "playing". I will get your ticket to you!

by Shannon (aka: SBK)
Twitter: @sbkelsick
contact me: sbk@MondayMarketingTools.com

picture by www.inthepitchblack.com







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
We Support UEnd: We're helping end poverty!