Monday, April 26, 2010

Why Do I Follow A Blogger I Despise?

Nearly everyday I subject myself to reading posts by a blogger that ticks me right off.

The content he publishes is ok (I would say a 7/10 – pretty good right?) and he is definitely knowledgeable about certain topics. And I have to say he works hard because there is a stinking post nearly everyday.

So everyday I see the post, I try not to read it, but the next thing you know it's up on my screen, I am reading it and getting bent sideways and making scoffing noises – bleh, whaaat, argh!

What ticks me off is that it is all about self promotion. Sure there are a lot of kudos given to business partners and clients he serves – so that seems quaint, but it’s a feeble attempt to try to hide what is really happening.

WHY does one have to mention their business, their title, their history and their expertise every single time they write a post?


Come on, I read certain blogs for a reason. I think they are either entertaining or they provide information I am seeking. When we want to know someone’s credentials we seek that out, but normally we just want to read the post. And if the post is well written we will know the person has some credentials, no need to flap them in my face every single day.

It may be for SEO (search engine optimization) reasons, if we determine winners by that alone I guess I will say this blogger wins. Let’s hope he is different in person than online.

For now I will continue to subject myself to this pain and misery, I think I can learn something from it, how not to blog.

by Shannon (aka: SBK)
Twitter: @sbkelsick
contact me: sbk@MondayMarketingTools.com

photo from http://www.flickr.com/photos/dantaylor/ / Flickr Creative Commons:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
We Support UEnd: We're helping end poverty!