Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Cool Boxee Box - Internet on Your TV


DLink’s latest technology, the “Boxee Box” will allow consumers to stream media from the Internet to their TV. It will also allow for sharing of movies, tv shows and video streams from your computer harddrive.

A brilliant move on Boxee’s part was to make the device incredibly cool looking. The Boxee can sit out in plain eye’s view for all to admire - the Boxee logo even glows. Clever marketing Boxee – they sure aren’t putting Baby in the corner on this one.


On a live stream from CES (http://www.cesweb.org/) in Vegas on January 7, 2010 the Boxee team estimated it will be available for purchase in spring of 2010 and will retail for approximately $200.

Leo Laporte of Twit TV believes this is the “best user interface”.

DLink states “In addition to video content, Boxee users can access great music from sites like Pandora, last.fm, shoutcast, and We are Hunted as well as fun photos from sites like flickr, Picasa and the Facebook.”

I have been looking for something like this. My butt gets sore sitting at my desk. Spring 2010 – I look forward to putting my couch to good use and enjoying the internet on my TV… so thank you Dlink and the Boxee team.

SBK (Shannon) contact me:
sbkelsick@gmail.com



http://www.dlink.com/boxeebox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
We Support UEnd: We're helping end poverty!